Parker Arrington, 22, of Allens Branch Road, Sylva braved 29 degree temperatures to take this photo at 4:10 a.m. of the Beaver Moon lunar eclipse last Friday using a 6-inch Dobsonian telescope. The eclipse saw the moon 97 percent covered by Earth’s shadow at its peak at 4:02 a.m. The longest partial eclipse in 580 years, it was potentially visible to millions of stargazers across North, Central and South America, and parts of Australia, Europe and Asia.
- Supplier of local drug network sentenced to 30 years in prison
- Kerosene heater is suspected in Sylva house conflagration
- State budget packs punch for Jackson County, Sylva
- Jackson County will uncork Christmas spirit this weekend
- Youths in hot water for firing pellets at cars
- Hikers bring age, wisdom to trails
- Lawsuit settled in 2019 death at the JCDC
- Cindy Lusk
- Sheriff’s Office arrests
- Sylva Police arrests
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive breaking news alerts? Signup today!
Breaking Sports News
Would you like to receive breaking sports news alerts? Signup today!
Would you like to receive weekly headlines? Signup today!
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.