Sleds slid and snowpeople popped up around Jackson County when about 3 inches of snow fell on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning, offering a rare white Christmas. Matthew Turlington, of www.MatthewTurling-tonPhotography.com, captured this picture of Sylva’s Christmas tree and the Jackson County Courthouse at about 7 a.m. Christmas Day.
- Jackson County History: A rich legacy goes up in flames
- Sylva man says he saw Jan. 6 Capitol assault in postings on social media
- Cawthorn under fire for D.C. speech; Debnam calls for calm
- Jack Lunnen
- First Person: When ‘POSITIVE RESULTS’ is not what you want to see
- COVID-19 cases climbing higher
- Moore, veteran educator, retires
- Polio vaccine took time to roll out here
- Bidding war continues for Jarrett House, Coach’s
- Vaccine arrives, COVID-19 cases climb
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive breaking news alerts? Signup today!
Breaking Sports News
Would you like to receive breaking sports news alerts? Signup today!
Would you like to receive weekly headlines? Signup today!
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.