Smoky Mountain’s Liam Wright fights for control on his way to his first high school win Saturday in a season-opening tournament at Swain. Gavin Coggins (106), Jaden Cole (220) and Davey McCoy (113) placed second for the Mustangs. Juan Guerrero (120) was third, and William McCoy was fourth. SM had wrestlers competing in the JV and varsity divisions and had 10 wrestlers earn their first ever high school wins. “I am very proud of my wrestlers’ efforts,” Coach Erik Wilson said. “We are very inexperienced at the high school level but each individual gave their best efforts, and that is what I asked of them. They are a great group of coachable wrestlers.”
- Supplier of local drug network sentenced to 30 years in prison
- Kerosene heater is suspected in Sylva house conflagration
- State budget packs punch for Jackson County, Sylva
- Youths in hot water for firing pellets at cars
- Lawsuit settled in 2019 death at the JCDC
- Cindy Lusk
- Jackson County will uncork Christmas spirit this weekend
- Hikers bring age, wisdom to trails
- Celestial showstopper over Sylva
- Sheriff’s Office arrests
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive breaking news alerts? Signup today!
Breaking Sports News
Would you like to receive breaking sports news alerts? Signup today!
Would you like to receive weekly headlines? Signup today!
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.