James Robert “Bob” and Gloria Green Rogers of the Pumpkintown community will celebrate their 55th wedding anniversary Oct. 2. They were married by the late Rev. Joe Bishop at his residence in Pumpkintown. They have two daughters, Vicki Rogers of Cary, and Lynne Carpenter (Adam) of Morganton, Georgia. They also have four granddaughters and a grandson, two great-granddaughters and two great-grandsons. Due to COVID-19 restrictions a celebration will be held at a later date.
- Bald eagles make a comeback in N.C., Jackson County
- Qualla man dies in house fire
- No injuries in Savannah fire, but home a complete loss
- Sylva man dies in fire
- Sylva the site of the highest biking trail in the East?
- NCHP traffic stop uncovers large quantity of narcotics
- COVID-19 vaccination opportunities increasing
- Sylva businessman faces charges in Jan. 6 Capitol riot
- Sylva Police arrests
- Ed Jones
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive breaking news alerts? Signup today!
Breaking Sports News
Would you like to receive breaking sports news alerts? Signup today!
Would you like to receive weekly headlines? Signup today!
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.