Tom and Donna Bommer, right, celebrated 50 years of marriage when they last Monday purchased an anniversary band from Ronnie Dennis of Hollifield Jewelers in Sylva. Dennis sold the couple their wedding bands in November, 1969. The couple met as students at Western Carolina University, graduated in 1972, and have lived in Sylva for most of the years since. They raised their twin daughters, Annie and Daisy, in the county. The couple was married on Thanksgiving Day, 1969.
- Lambert appeal decision could be handed down soon
- COVID-19 cases show another rise in Jackson
- Motorcyclist airlifted to Mission after wreck
- Kearney files suit against WCU, UNC System
- Man is killed in wreck on 23/74
- Sheriff’s Office arrests
- Wayne Cunningham
- Moe Davis will do the right thing
- Sylva Police arrests
- County candidates for teacher of the year announced
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive breaking news alerts? Signup today!
Breaking Sports News
Would you like to receive breaking sports news alerts? Signup today!
Would you like to receive weekly headlines? Signup today!
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.