On a snowy Nov. 28, 1959, Royce and Marcia Woosley were married in Caneyville, Kentucky. Sixty years later, on Thanksgiving Day 2019, the Sylva couple celebrated 60 years of marriage. Attending were daughter Jennie Wenger and her husband, Jeff, and children Nathan and Sally from Santa Monica, California; and daughter Julie Woosley and her daughter, Lilly, from Raleigh. Royce Woosley’s sister, Pat Gilman, from Lecanto, Florida, and her son Lloyd and his significant other, Autumn Peters, were also present. The family enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner prepared by Jeff Wenger and brunch the following Saturday at the Grove Park Inn in Asheville.
- Kearney files suit against WCU, UNC System
- Man is killed in wreck on 23/74
- Chase ends in arrest; SPD officer injured
- COVID-19 diagnoses in county still on the rise
- Meth dealer who sold drugs in Jackson to serve over 12 years in federal prison
- Katie Wood
- Sandra Bryson
- Businesses re-open, re-think, remodel
- Some area churches inviting congregations back
- MAMA flies wreck victim to Mission Hospital
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive breaking news alerts? Signup today!
Breaking Sports News
Would you like to receive breaking sports news alerts? Signup today!
Would you like to receive weekly headlines? Signup today!
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.