Travis Ashe (left), area manager for Pepsi-Cola of Whittier, presents a donation to Don Tomas, Southwestern Community College president, on Dec. 14. Behind them is Brett Woods, director of the SCC Foundation. Every year, Pepsi employees forego their annual holiday party and instead give $1,000 to the SCC Foundation. The money goes into SCC’s Student Emergency Fund, which helps deserving students who encounter unexpected financial emergencies so that they can remain at SCC and continue working toward their degrees, diplomas and/or certificates.
- Jackson County History: A rich legacy goes up in flames
- Sylva man says he saw Jan. 6 Capitol assault in postings on social media
- Cawthorn under fire for D.C. speech; Debnam calls for calm
- Jack Lunnen
- COVID-19 cases climbing higher
- First Person: When ‘POSITIVE RESULTS’ is not what you want to see
- Polio vaccine took time to roll out here
- Sylva Police arrests
- County discusses namesake change
- Sheriff's Office arrests
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive breaking news alerts? Signup today!
Breaking Sports News
Would you like to receive breaking sports news alerts? Signup today!
Would you like to receive weekly headlines? Signup today!
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.