About 70 people gathered Sept. 26 around Western Carolina University’s fountain with music and stories to honor Rainey Niles, 18, a student killed in a Sept. 18 car crash. Organizers handed out glowsticks, and candles were placed around the fountain. Mourners said Arabia loved to dance and that she will be missed. Two other WCU students have died recently – Raishon Peterman, 22, who was killed in a Sept. 13 car crash, and Kyrstin Nicole Roberts, 26, who was found dead in Norton Residence Hall on Sept. 20. A vigil was held for Peterman last Monday.
- Brawl in parking lot leads to charges
- March 25 Q&A from Jackson County officials
- March 25 Coronavirus Coverage
- Coronavirus Coverage
- EBCI suspends operations, limits access to Boundary
- Sylva man killed in moped wreck
- Editorial: Stepping up to face the challenges of a new reality
- 5 miniature horses found dead in Tuckasegee
- Yearlong probe leads to seizure of meth, opioids
- Closures & Updates in response to the coronavirus threat
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive breaking news alerts? Signup today!
Breaking Sports News
Would you like to receive breaking sports news alerts? Signup today!
Would you like to receive weekly headlines? Signup today!
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.