Jury Commission members (from left) Deborah Allison, Bill Crawford and Norma Clayton were sworn in on Oct. 21. Every county in the state has a jury commission composed of three members. Allison was appointed by the senior resident Superior Court Judge, Crawford was appointed by the Clerk of Court and Clayton was appointed by the board of county commissioners. Each appointee serves for a term of two years. It is the responsibility of the jury commissioners to prepare the master list of county residents who are eligible to serve as jurors.
- Lambert appeal decision could be handed down soon
- COVID-19 cases show another rise in Jackson
- Motorcyclist airlifted to Mission after wreck
- Kearney files suit against WCU, UNC System
- Man is killed in wreck on 23/74
- Sheriff’s Office arrests
- Wayne Cunningham
- Moe Davis will do the right thing
- Sylva Police arrests
- County candidates for teacher of the year announced
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive breaking news alerts? Signup today!
Breaking Sports News
Would you like to receive breaking sports news alerts? Signup today!
Would you like to receive weekly headlines? Signup today!
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.