More than 25 volunteers turned out Saturday, Jan. 25, to clean up Scotts Creek. Teams from the Western Carolina University Center for Community Engagement, WCU Fly Fishing Club, the Tuckaseigee Chapter of Trout Unlimited and individuals bagged and dragged tires, computer monitors and other debris up the banks where the Sylva Department of Public Works provided heavy equipment and manpower to collect the items, part of 12 tons of trash removed over the past three years. From left are Dale Collins, Tom Lenehan, Jeff Marcum, Steve Bennett, Andy Hansen, Tommy White and Mike Nervie.
- Kearney files suit against WCU, UNC System
- Man is killed in wreck on 23/74
- Chase ends in arrest; SPD officer injured
- COVID-19 diagnoses in county still on the rise
- Meth dealer who sold drugs in Jackson to serve over 12 years in federal prison
- Katie Wood
- Businesses re-open, re-think, remodel
- Sandra Bryson
- Some area churches inviting congregations back
- A tragedy in S.C. raises a call to action in Jackson
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive breaking news alerts? Signup today!
Breaking Sports News
Would you like to receive breaking sports news alerts? Signup today!
Would you like to receive weekly headlines? Signup today!
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.