As North Carolina begins to slowly ease restrictions while continuing to combat COVID-19 using Gov. Roy Cooper’s three-phased approach, the Jackson County Department of Public Health and the Jackson County Animal Shelter have begun offering the following services:
• Employee Health.
• Provider-ordered lab services.
• Urine drug screenings (contract only).
• Animal surrender and adoptions.
The following essential services will continue to be offered:
• All COVID-19 response activities.
• Other communicable disease activities.
• Rabies and animal bite investigations.
• STD testing and treatment.
• Family Planning.
• Maternal Health.
• Pregnancy Care Management and Care Coordination
• CDL physicals.
• Car seat safety program.
• Vital records.
• Environmental Health inspections.
Appointments are required for all services; same day appointments are often available. All services will be offered via telephone, videoconferencing or curbside when appropriate. When not appropriate, patients and clients will be screened and brought into the building for services.
For questions or to make an appointment call 586-8994. For questions about the Jackson County Animal Shelter, call 586-6138.