default avatar
Welcome to the site! Login or Signup below.
|
||
Logout|My Dashboard

Parole denied for convicted murderer

Posted: Thursday, February 7, 2002 12:00 am

Shook

Parole was denied for Michelle Vinson Shook, last of the committed youthful offenders in the Tony Queen murder/torture case eligible for release.The two other committed youthful offenders, Michael Blain Hagedorn, 24, and Robert Trantham, 26, have been released from prison. Hagedorn, the first to be released, was free last August, followed by Trantham's release in December.Queen, son of Cecil and Geraldine Queen of Tuckasegee, died in 1994 of suffocation in a narrow closet of a Cullowhee trailer where the door had been nailed shut.Investigators said Queen endured at least a week of torture, including being bound and gagged, before he died.Seven defendants, including the three youthful offenders, were convicted in Queen's death.Geraldine Queen said she thought the reason Shook was not released was two-fold."In addition to second-degree murder, Michelle had other charges, including kidnapping," said the murdered son's mother. "Her lawyer had her tried separately for those charges."The 27-year-old Shook has incurred 14 infractions since being imprisoned. "I think that weighed heavily against her at her parole hearing," said Geraldine Queen.Shook, who remains at the N.C. Correctional Institute for Women, now has a projected release date of July 24, 2004.Those who received life sentences in the murder/torture were Carlton Anderson, Vickie Jumper Fox, Kenneth Fox and Walter Thomas York.

Subscription Required

An online service is needed to view this article in its entirety. You need an online service to view this article in its entirety.

Have an online subscription?

Login Now

Need an online subscription?

Subscribe

Login

Follow us on Facebook