Sylva Police Chief Chris Hatton leads EmiLee Stephens, Jenna Snodgrass and Oliver Parker through a crosswalk on West Main Street last Thursday. Emily Rowland of the Summer Explorers program at First Baptist Church follows as the campers learn about crosswalk safety as part of a “Let’s Go Walking” program coordinated by Safe Routes to School Coordinator Jackie Moore. “Members of the Sylva Police Department took training last week as part of their ‘Watch for Me NC’ grant that looks to prevent pedestrian and bicycle accidents,” Moore said. N.C. Highway Patrol troopers Rico Stephens, D.J. Brooks and Tyson Crawford also led groups on walks, for a total of 38 campers.
- Officers investigate hit and run fatality
- COVID cases, deaths still on rise in Jackson
- Earthquake rattles WNC
- In close vote, WCU Faculty Senate opposes in-person return
- Three-car collision on U.S. 23/441 in Dillsboro sends five to hospital
- SCC grads get drive-in celebration
- Confederate monument vote brings pair of protests
- Sylva police arrests
- Sheriff’s Office arrests
- Becky Walker
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive breaking news alerts? Signup today!
Breaking Sports News
Would you like to receive breaking sports news alerts? Signup today!
Would you like to receive weekly headlines? Signup today!
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.