Anyone looking for a shot at stardom on the big screen can sign up now to work as a paid extra in “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.” Filming starts soon in downtown Sylva.
The call for extras comes as set builders for the movie crew have started work. Earlier this week, part of Spring Street was closed as part of a larger request by Three Billboard Co. that town officials reroute traffic, at times, around the downtown. The main filming locations are Sassy Frass Consignment and an upstairs office at the Jackson General building (corner of Spring and West Main streets).
Oscar winner Martin McDonagh’s movie tells the story of Mildred Hayes, a woman in her early 50s, who goes to war against her local police force, believing them too inept to solve the murder of her daughter. The film is a dark comedy, written and directed by McDonagh. It stars Frances McDormand, who has won an Oscar, Emmy and Tony awards; Woody Harrelson, an Emmy winner; plus Sam Rockwell, John Hawkes and Peter Dinklage.
To sign up to work as a paid extra email all information as requested to this address: email@example.com
• Date of Birth (if minor):
• Recent photo (color only—from shoulders up) cell-phone photos OK; email them as a .jpg attachment with submission – do not imbed photos in body of email.
• Phone number:
• Email address:
• Clothing sizes:
Men: pants, shirt, jacket and shoe
Women: pants, dress, skirt, blouse and shoe
• A recent picture of a car or truck that is driveable (it might be used in a scene) year, make, model and color (email photo as a .jpg attachment, of side view):
• City and state of residence:
• Pets owned:
• Previous “stand-in” experience: