R-5600 is the DOT proposal for Sylva’s commercial corridor, N.C. 107, including the elimination of the center turn lane with sidewalks replaced and a 5-foot bike lane. Upgrades are slated for the N.C. 107/U.S. 23 Business intersection, and from U.S. 23 Business to Dillardtown Road and Municipal Drive, near the Sylva Fire Department. DOT’s preliminary estimate lists 55 businesses facing potential relocation or impact, though that number is fluid.
- Friday morning accident sees car totaled, billboard and law office damaged
- Rumors of new Ingles remain just that - rumors
- Winding chase ends with drug, other charges
- Larceny call turns into foot chase
- Woman indicted on drug death charges
- Sylva Police arrests
- Erosion still plagues Cullowhee site
- Motorcyclist severely injured in Sunday evening accident
- Housing crucial for those in recovery
- Savannah Drive development proposed
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive breaking news alerts? Signup today!
Breaking Sports News
Would you like to receive breaking sports news alerts? Signup today!
Would you like to receive weekly headlines? Signup today!
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.