Skyland Care Center celebrated National Nursing Home Week with its COVID-19 Parade on May 13, when about 100 vehicles paraded around the facility. First responders, family members in decorated cars and others staged at Sylva Plaza and came in waves to make the loop. “Our residents can’t see their families right now, so we thought this would be a good thing to do,” said Skyland Activity Director Judy Brooks. She and Activity Assistant Rose Massengale organized the event.
- Lambert appeal decision could be handed down soon
- COVID-19 cases show another rise in Jackson
- Kearney files suit against WCU, UNC System
- Motorcyclist airlifted to Mission after wreck
- Sheriff’s Office arrests
- Sylva Police arrests
- Wayne Cunningham
- Man is killed in wreck on 23/74
- Jackson’s population dip remains a bit
- Bridge construction plan waiting on Raleigh decision
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive breaking news alerts? Signup today!
Breaking Sports News
Would you like to receive breaking sports news alerts? Signup today!
Would you like to receive weekly headlines? Signup today!
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.