Listening to a recording of last week’s Jackson County Board of Commissioners’ work session, I was struck by the repeated use of the word “girls” in connection with three professionals in the room, Finance Officer Darlene Fox, county Attorney Heather Baker and Clerk to the Board Angie Winchester.
- Our State prints local shutterbug’s photo of Sylva
- Friday outage leaves 13,500 without power
- Fraternity helps AWAKE further its work
- Farmer set to be sworn in Monday
- Tennessee man is indicted for 2020 Cashiers shooting death
- Tribe looks to build 495 homes in Qualla community
- Commissioners laugh, cry as three leave the board
- Sentence of 23 years is issued in wake of pig confrontation
- Overturn accident involving tractor kills Sylva woman
- Christmas parades into Jackson
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive breaking news alerts? Signup today!
Breaking Sports News
Would you like to receive breaking sports news alerts? Signup today!
Would you like to receive weekly headlines? Signup today!
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.