Kudos to Laura Cabe, school nutrition director for Jackson County Public Schools and Josh Francis, transportation director, for their work in creating a district plan to feed students during the coronavirus closure. A tip of the hat also goes out to David Proffitt, chief communications officer, for his constant, informative and positive communications during a national emergency.
- Sylva Police arrests
- Lifesaving device delivered to SVFD
- Sheriff’s office arrests
- Arrests made in murder case
- Bechtel tapped as interim attorney for Jackson County
- Clampitt proposes dropping alcohol limit for N.C. drivers from .08 to .05
- Town on the cusp of being able to move on Allen Street project
- Citizens urged to watch for invasive lanternfly
- Murder victim found in Jackson is ID’d
- Beverly Williams
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular commented articles.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive breaking news alerts? Signup today!
Breaking Sports News
Would you like to receive breaking sports news alerts? Signup today!
Would you like to receive weekly headlines? Signup today!
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.