This tasty bean salad/dip recipe is easy and simple to make. This is the perfect dish for potlucks and large family gatherings when you want to have something healthy and quick on the table.
1 can dark kidney beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can white cannellini beans or black beans or chick peas
1 small red onion, chopped
1 pepper (green, yellow, orange or red), chopped
3 Tablespoons olive oil
3 Tablespoons honey
1 Tablespoon red wine or apple cider vinegar
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 Teaspoon brown sugar
Dash salt and pepper
1. Combine beans, chopped red onion and pepper in a large bowl.
2. To make the dressing: combine olive oil, honey, vinegar, lemon juice, brown sugar and dash salt & pepper in a container, and cover with the lid. Shake the dressing to mix it well.
3. Pour the dressing over the beans mixture and mix it well.
4. Refrigerate the beans mixture for about 30 min. to an hour before you make the bean dip. If you want it as bean salad, skip step 5.
5. To make bean dip: pour the beans mixture into a food processor and turn it on high until the beans mixture turns into a paste with nice consistency. Enjoy with your favorite chips or pita bread triangles.