The Appalachian Women’s Museum hosts the inaugural Music on the Porch: A Celebration of Samantha Bumgarner from noon to 5 p.m. Saturday. “Aunt” Samantha Bumgarner was a Dillsboro native and musical legend who taught herself to play the fiddle and 5-string banjo in an up-picking style. The event is at the old Monteith Homestead, 100 W. Hometown Place, Dillsboro. There will be four musical acts, food trucks and a beer tent. The Museum will be open for touring. Tickets are $12.
- Missing persons advocate takes up Fortner case
- Three new faces join Jackson’s Board of Education
- Deadwood likely cause of fatal logging accident
- Voters speak; winners set eyes on Nov. 8
- Wreck claims life of Whittier woman
- John Huffman
- Sylva Police arrests
- Decision on full-time firefighters in county’s hands
- Town mulls downtown restroom location options
- The Jarrett House to return to past glory
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive breaking news alerts? Signup today!
Breaking Sports News
Would you like to receive breaking sports news alerts? Signup today!
Would you like to receive weekly headlines? Signup today!
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.