Western Carolina University Athletics and Great Smoky Mountains Railroad have collaborated to create “The Catamount,” a renovated WCU themed rail car. The original rail car was named “The Michigan” and built in 1952 for the Penn Central line. In 2018, it was bought by GSMR for the Polar Express Train Ride. The Catamount will be included as a first-class seating option on the railroad’s Nantahala Gorge and Tuckaseigee River excursions as well as special event trains.
- Lambert appeal decision could be handed down soon
- Kearney files suit against WCU, UNC System
- Man is killed in wreck on 23/74
- COVID-19 cases show another rise in Jackson
- Motorcyclist airlifted to Mission after wreck
- Chase ends in arrest; SPD officer injured
- Wayne Cunningham
- Meth dealer who sold drugs in Jackson to serve over 12 years in federal prison
- COVID-19 diagnoses in county still on the rise
- Moe Davis will do the right thing
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive breaking news alerts? Signup today!
Breaking Sports News
Would you like to receive breaking sports news alerts? Signup today!
Would you like to receive weekly headlines? Signup today!
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.