The 10th annual season of Concerts on the Creek comes to a close Friday, when the series welcomes The Maggie Valley Band, playing dark Appalachian music. The Maggie Valley Band has been influenced by a wide variety of artists, movements, cultures and ideas. Each member grew up listening to and taking in the styles of various musicians ranging from the Stanley Brothers to Simon and Garfunkel, with inspirations from The Band, and more local artists like Rising Appalachia. Held from 7-9 p.m. every Friday from Memorial Day through Labor Day weekends at the Bridge Park in Sylva, these free, family-friendly events are organized by the Jackson County Chamber of Commerce, the Town of Sylva and the Jackson County Parks and Recreation Department. Bring a chair or blanket. Donations are greatly appreciated. Featured food trucks for this concert are South of Philly and Little Jimmy’s Italian Ice. Visit www.mountainlovers.com or call 586-2155 for more information.
- Lambert appeal decision could be handed down soon
- COVID-19 cases show another rise in Jackson
- Kearney files suit against WCU, UNC System
- Motorcyclist airlifted to Mission after wreck
- Man is killed in wreck on 23/74
- Wayne Cunningham
- Sheriff’s Office arrests
- Moe Davis will do the right thing
- Chase ends in arrest; SPD officer injured
- County candidates for teacher of the year announced
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive breaking news alerts? Signup today!
Breaking Sports News
Would you like to receive breaking sports news alerts? Signup today!
Would you like to receive weekly headlines? Signup today!
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.