United Christian Ministries held their annual meeting Jan. 12 at the First United Methodist Church in Sylva. UCM welcomed Frances Hess, Linda Fulk, Joyce Pope and Frank Royce as new board members. UCM officers for the 2020 year were elected. Board Chairman Steve Metcalf, Vice Chairman David Preston, Secretary Frances Hess and Treasurer Joyce Pope will take over for the agency. Pictured, from left, are: (front) Pope, Hess and Royce; (back) Metcalf, Preston and Fulk.
- Traffic stop yields fentanyl arrest
- New eatery welcomed in Sylva
- Sylva man dies in five-vehicle wreck in Dillsboro
- Woman dies in three-car wreck on U.S. 74/441
- Options for statue adjustments eyed by commissioners
- Truck hits guy wire, causes traffic delays, fire
- Haywood Road Bridge now open in Dillsboro
- Man arrested for indecent exposure
- Jamie Buchanan
- Woman brings home grandbaby, loses home to fire
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive breaking news alerts? Signup today!
Breaking Sports News
Would you like to receive breaking sports news alerts? Signup today!
Would you like to receive weekly headlines? Signup today!
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.