The 10th season of the Concerts on the Creek summer music series begins Friday.
The Town of Sylva, Jackson County Parks and Recreation Department and Jackson County Chamber of Commerce team up to produce the Concerts on the Creek series at the Bridge Park gazebo in Sylva every Friday from 7-9 p.m., Memorial Day through Labor Day weekend.
Concerts on the Creek events are free with donations encouraged. A chair or blanket are suggested for those attending the shows. Occasionally, these events will feature food truck vendors.
Following are the scheduled dates for this year’s Concerts on the Creek:
• May 24 – Daddy Rabbit (blues rock).
• May 31 – Jonah Riddle & The Carolina Express (bluegrass/gospel).
• June 7 – Arnold Hill Band with special guest Chris Pressley (country/rock).
• June 14 – Summer Brooke and Mountain Faith (bluegrass/gospel).
• June 21 – Shane Mead & The Sound (Americana/folk/rock).
• June 28 – The Rewind Band (classic hits/rock).
• July 4 (Thursday) – Fireworks and festivities, The Carolina Soul Band (soul/R&B/beach/classic hits).
• July 5 – Hot Trail Mix (progressive bluegrass).
• July 12 – The Darren Nicholson Band (bluegrass/classic country/Americana).
• July 19 – Geoff McBride & Scott Baker (classic hits/soul/R&B).
• July 26 – Dashboard Blue (rock/classic hits).
• Aug. 2 – Andrew Scotchie & The River Rats (rock).
• Aug. 9 – Tuxedo Junction (classic hits).
• Aug. 16 – Mama Danger– (folk/newgrass).
• Aug. 23– Troy Underwood (Americana/folk/soul).
• Aug. 30 – Maggie Valley Band (Americana).
For more information, call the Jackson County Chamber of Commerce at 586–2155 or visit www.mountainlovers.com. See the Concerts on the Creek Facebook page for series updates.