Saturday’s free Concert on the Creek features Mama Danger, a contemporary acoustic string ensemble that plays all sorts of acoustic music. Based out of Asheville, band members are Gabriela Rose on banjo and guitar, and Nick Cameron on mandolin. They specialize in folk, bluegrass, newgrass and mountain jazz. Held from 7-9 p.m. every Friday from Memorial Day through Labor Day weekends at the Bridge Park in Sylva, these family-friendly events are organized by the Jackson County Chamber of Commerce, the Town of Sylva and the Jackson County Parks and Recreation Department. Bring a chair or blanket. Donations are greatly appreciated. Featured food trucks for this concert are South of Philly and Little Jimmy’s Italian Ice.
- Kearney files suit against WCU, UNC System
- Man is killed in wreck on 23/74
- Chase ends in arrest; SPD officer injured
- COVID-19 diagnoses in county still on the rise
- Meth dealer who sold drugs in Jackson to serve over 12 years in federal prison
- Katie Wood
- Sandra Bryson
- Businesses re-open, re-think, remodel
- Some area churches inviting congregations back
- A tragedy in S.C. raises a call to action in Jackson
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive breaking news alerts? Signup today!
Breaking Sports News
Would you like to receive breaking sports news alerts? Signup today!
Would you like to receive weekly headlines? Signup today!
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.